In an effort to dissuade people from streaming it on tiny speakers, we encourage you to download this release FOR FREE and play it through your favorite loudspeakers (or a nice set of headphones if your roommate, family, boss, significant other, and/or pet finds Cinder Cone songs displeasing).
2. We’ll be playing an early set time at an all weekend show in San Francisco/Oakland in a couple of weeks. If you are around Saturday, April 11th, we go on at 1:45 at the Elbo Room in SF.
3. We play LA the next night, Sunday, April 12th at Human Resources in Chinatown. We go on at 9PM.
So on Friday October 24th, we are playing our 10 year anniversary show at the Smell in downtown Los Angeles.
Here is a list of things that have changed in the last 10 years:
1) Big Wave learned how to ride a bike
2) Anthony learned to share with others
3) The Lakers have 2 more championships
4) The Kings have 2 championships.
5) Pluto is no longer a planet
6) Washington Mutual is no longer Anthony’s bank
7) Anthony and Big Wave discovered Jeff Daniels Hound
8) Anthony and Big Wave discovered Anthony Kedis Hound
9) Almost all the good bands got back together
10) Big Wave finally lost at Jenga
Here is a list of things that have not changed in the last 10 years:
1) The Dodgers are still a bummer
2) The Ukraine is still weak, my friend
3) The leader of North Korea still has gout
4) It’s still 72 and sunny
5) Vin Scully is still announcing games
6) LA still doesn’t have a football team
7) Woodsy Buns still lives alone
8) Jon Grass still listens to Love Line
9) Fugazi and Unwound are still not back together. Assholes.
10) We still sittin’ here; we supposed to be franchise player; and we in here talkin’ ’bout pracitce
To those of you asking, the Smell show on October 24th is all booked up, the venue just hasn’t updated the website. Thanks for your interest.
To those of you not asking, what is happening? It’s been a long time. As an apology, here is a picture of early morning downtown Los Angeles during the 1955 atom bomb tests in Nevada. Sweet, huh?
Also, if you’d like an in person apology, please come to our 10 year anniversary show at the Smell on Friday October 24th. Details on the shows page. Mwah.
SAN FRANCISCO HEMLOCK TAVERN SATURDAY DECEMBER 14TH 930 PM SHOW ONLY 6 DOLLARS PLEASE COME DETAILS BELOW SORRY FOR YELLING
This is part of the annual PRF BBQ. This is a charity event. All donations go to charity. Everything you need to know is here:
“Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips.”
Good morning, we just released a new album, completely funded by us (no kickstarter even!) and we are both extremely proud of it. Please check it out, and if you like it, buy it! You get get the music for $7 straight from our bandcamp site. If hard copies are your thing, we also pressed it on vinyl (limited to 250). If you want one of those, they’re $15, download included. We’ll be selling those at shows, since we aren’t doing mailorder for them right now. They’ll be available at a few local record stores later this month as well. Your support means a ton to us, thanks for listening.
This Friday we play the Kibitz Room at Canters Deli. For those of you don’t habla west LA, Canters is an overpriced Jewish Deli on Fairfax. This one time, Guns and Roses played there. This one other time, David and Anthony went there and ordered expensive pastrami sandwiches. Neither of those things are likely to happen again on Friday but I guess you never know.